Benefits of Proton Therapy for Prostate Cancer Treatment
- It is non-invasive and therefore painless;
- It is more accurate than other kinds of radiation because doctors are able to use a focused ray of proton particles to destroy cancerous tissues;
- Full or higher doses of radiation can be used for treatment without damaging healthy tissues and organs;
- Treatment is provided in an outpatient setting. Treatment can be scheduled for early in the morning and patients are able to go about the rest of their day as usual;
- Proton radiation therapy does not require recovery time;
- The treatment has little to no impact on a patient’s energy level;
- Proton therapy poses minimal risk of impotency;
- The treatment has lower risk of side effects compared with conventional treatment.
Click here to view our "Life after Proton" page where BOB members share their fun and interesting stories about their lives during and after proton treatment.
Want to speak directly with former proton patients? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.